Spiderbeam 20-15-10m Fix
With the success of the Spiderbeam many customers also wanted to use this antenna as a permanent installation at home, not only in a portable fashion. When installing an antenna fixed and permanently at one point, weight is less of an issue, but the construction must withstand many years of permanent use. So a new 'Heavy Duty' version of the Spiderbeam was created, to offer you the optimum for each application, whether portable or fixed operations.
- The 'Heavy Duty' version has these mechanical changes:
- Special, reinforced fibreglass tubes with double-sized tube wall (2mm)
- Aluminium contruction of center plate with twice the thickness (2mm)
- Rubber coated stainless steel hose clamps instead of Velcro straps
- A second upper support strut (optional)
Other changes are not required! The added weight is just 5kg. With a total weight of about 15kg this Heavy Duty version is still much lighter than most other 3 or 5-band beams of comparable power.